Pages

Tuesday

Quotes for a Cold Spring Day

Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius. Pietro Aretino (okay, I'm not sure that this one works for me. I don't think that my brain works very well when I'm cold ;)

But I like being nasty. I like being cranky. Especially if it's a cold day in Chicago, it's nice to just take it out on Kyle, because he's so easy to scream at, you know? Fisher Stevens

Winter either bites with its teeth or lashes with its tail. Proverb (Oh, yes, I definitely agree with this one and have you noticed that spring isn't the same as we remember as kids. We seem to have two seasons now... winter and summer. I'm not sure what happened to fall and spring. Maybe it's just me lol.

I am never at my best in the early morning, especially a cold morning in the Yorkshire spring with a piercing March wind sweeping down from the fells, finding its way inside my clothing, nipping at my nose and ears. James Herriot (I'm never at my best early in the morning)

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. Mark Twain (maybe there's something to this when the wind is howling and the driveway is filling up with snow. What if everyone on the block went out at the same time to shovel their driveways. It could almost be like a street party lol.